Saivite Tamil Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing guidance and on-site workshops on the basic concepts of Saivism, as well as spiritual counseling to the Sri Lankan Tamils of North America
SPECIFIC GOALS OF THE MISSION:
To educate children, young adults and elderly about Saivism and its beliefs by:
- Conducting religious discussions and meetings.
- Explaining spiritual rituals and practices of the Sri Lankan Saivite culture.
- Publishing booklets and study guides for children
- Conducting religious classes, retreats and “Summer camps” for children
- Providing counseling and guidance to youth
To reach out to the elderly by providing spiritual and moral support by:
- Visiting them in their homes, health care facilities and hospitals.
- Arranging religious gatherings for the elderly in their homes and Community Centers.
- Arranging pilgrimages for the elderly.
To reach out to those in need, providing comfort, guidance and spiritual healing.
- Providing comfort and guidance for life altering situations to people in need
- Visiting hospitals and nursing homes
- Visiting orphanages, homes and schools for people with disabilities.